Die nachfolgende Aufgabenstellung ist in englischer Sprache verfasst.
Die Bearbeitung der Themen kann, je nach Wunsch des Studenten,
wahlweise in Englisch oder Deutsch erfolgen.
Path Planning Algorithms for an Omnidirectional Robot
The ability to plan a path between an initial position and a final goal position is one of the basic capabilities which allow mobile robots to navigate in their environment. The robot should be able to detect if any planned path will lead to collision and further more avoid such paths. The aim of this engineer practice to implement different path planning algorithms (deterministic and probabilistic), which allow the robot to plan a path in all possible directions and finally chose a path based on an appropriate cost function.
The implementation will consist of two main parts:
1) Enhancing the existing move base implementation in ROS (Robot Operating System) to allow motion in all possible directions.
2) Study & Implementation of Deterministics (such as A*) and Probabilistic search algorithms for path planning
3) Comparison of Deterministic and Probabilistic algorithms in terms of efficiency
- Good C++ programming skills
Helpful but not required:
- Prior experience with ROS will be helpful but not required
- Path Planning by Steven M LaValle
Sheraz Khan (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)