- Economics of Power Systems; Game Theory, Mechanism Design, Variational Inequality
- Nonlinear Systems Dynamics, Robustness and Large Scale Network Analysis
- Power Systems Stability, State Estimation and Operation
Smart Grid Markets: Integration of Renewables, Pricing, Modeling, and Optimization
Organizers: Anuradha Annaswamy (MIT) and Arman Kiani (Technische Universitaet Munchen)
American Control Conference, Montreal, Canada, June 27-29, 2012.
- Game Theory with Network Control Applications:Introduction and Strategic Form Games, CoTeSys Central Robotics Laboratory (CCRL) Technische Universität München, February 17, 2012.
- Wholesale Electricity Market: Game Theoretic Modeling, Stability and Robustness, Invited by Professor M. Caramanis, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Division of Systems Engineering, Boston University, November 29, 2011.
- Wholesale Electricity Market: Game Theoretic Modeling and Stability,
Presented at IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Orlando, USA 2011.
A. Kiani and A. Annaswamy “Perturbation Analysis of the Wholesale Energy Market Equilibrium in the presence of Renewables” (Submitted) IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Available: arxiv.org/abs/1201.3467, November 2011.
- A. Kiani and A. Annaswamy “Wholesale Energy Market in a Smart Grid: State Based Game, stability, and robustness” (Under Review) IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, August 2011.
- A.Kiani, Kia Fallahi, Naser Pariz, and Henry Leungu, “A chaotic secure communication scheme using fractional chaotic systems based on an extended fractional Kalman filter,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, Volume 14, Issue 3, March 2009.
- A. Kiani and A.M. Annaswamy, “Wholesale Energy Market in a Smart Grid: A Discrete-time Model, Relation to Nash Equilibrium, and the Impact of Delays,” Control and Optimization Methods for Electric Smart Grids, Aranya Chakrabortty , Marija D. iIlic (Editors), Springer Verlag, 2011.
- A. Kiani, and A. Annaswamy, "Wholesale Energy Market in a Smart Grid: Game-theoretic Model" Springer Verlag (To appear), 2011.
- V.Sabzevari, A.Azemi, and A.Kiani, “Arrhythmia Detection and Classification Using AWavelet and ICA,” Encyclopedia of Healthcare Information Systems, IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), USA, pp. 115-121.
- A. Kiani and A. Annaswamy “A Hierarchical Transactive Control Architecture for Renewables Integration in Smart Grids” (to appear) IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2012.
- A. Kiani and A. Annaswamy “Wholesale Energy Market in a Smart Grid: Dynamic Modeling and Stability” IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Orlando, USA 2011.
A. Kiani, and A. Annaswamy “Distributed Hierarchical Control for Renewable Energy Integration in a Smart Grid”, IEEE (PES) Conference on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies, Washington, USA 2012.
- G. Tran, A. Kiani, A. Annaswamy, Y. Sharon, and A. Legbedji "Necessary and Sufficient Conditions for Observability in Power Systems", IEEE (PES) Conference on Innovative Smart Grid, Washington, USA 2012.
- A. Kiani and A. Annaswamy, "Perturbation Analysis of Market Equilibrium in the Presence of Renewable Energy Resources and Demand Response," in IEEE Innovative Smart Grid Europe, Gothenburg, Sweden, 2010.
- A. Kiani and A.Annaswamy "The effect of a smart meter on congestion and stability in a power market", in IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Atlanta, GA, USA 2010.
- A. Kiani, A. Karimpour, and N.Pariz, “Robust Stability of the Fractional Order LQG Controllers," in Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering-ICEE, 2009.
- A.Kiani and M.B. Naghibi “Reinforcement Learning with Linear Function Approximation in Sensorless Motor Control” in Iranian Conference of Electrical Engineering ICEE, 2009.
- A.Kiani and N.Pariz "Fractional PID design for Robust Two-Inertia Speed Control" in the Proceeding of the 8th International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Mashhad, Iran 2007.
- A.Azemi, V.Sabzevari, M. Khademi, and A.Kiani “Intelligent Arrhythmia Detection and Classification Using ICA” in the Proceeding of the 28th IEEE EMBS Annual International Conference, pp. 2163-2166, New York City, USA, Aug 30, 2006.
- A. Kiani and M.R. Akbarzadeh, "Intelligent Extractive Text Summarization Using Fuzzy Inference Systems," in the Proceeding of the Second IEEE Conference on Intelligent Engineering, pp.149-153, April 15, 2006.
- A. Kiani and M.R. Akbarzadeh, “Automatic Text Summarization Using Hybrid Fuzzy GA-GP,” in the Proceeding of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 270-278, Vancouver Canada, 2006.
- A. Kiani, Y. Mohammadian, N. Pariz, and M.R. Akbarzaeh “Time series Prediction using Wavelet ANFIS,” in the Proceeding of the 13th Iranian Conference of Electrical Engineering ICEE, pp. 80-87, Tehran, Iran, 2006.
- A.Kiani and Y.Mohamadian, "Fuzzy Image Processing In comparison with Classical Image Processing" in the Proceeding of the 12th Iranian Student Conference of Electrical Engineering, 2006.
- “Sensor less DC Motor Control Using Fractional Kalman Filter Based on DSP Chips” Tehran, 2007 Note: This Invention was registered at “Iran Judiciary Organization for Registration of the Companies and Industrial Ownership” under the registration number 32902.
- “Intelligent Headrest control via Adaptive Control Strategy ” Tehran, 2005 Note: This Invention was registered at “Iran Judiciary Organization for Registration of the Companies and Industrial Ownership” under the registration number 78349.